It’s the last day of the month and we all know what that means! It’s Foodie Pen Pal reveal day! The day where I get to tell you about this awesome program, tell you what goodies I received from my Pen Pal and finally tell you how you NEED to get involved next month.
I always enjoy getting that Foodie Pen Pal box and ripping it open to see what my penpal picked out for me! It’s such a fun experience and then eating the food that is new to you is also wonderful. I really enjoy this project every month!
I was paired with a reader, LaRee, this month and I’ve asked her if she’d like to do a guest post on my blog with her goodies that I sent her. I’ll keep you posted!
And now it’s time for some details about Foodie Penpals. In case you’re a new reader, here’s a reminder of what the program is all about:
- On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
- You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
- The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
- You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
-Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
- Foodie Penplas is open to US & Canadian residents. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We’ve determined things might get too slow and backed up if we’re trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa.
If you’re interested in participating for April, please CLICK HERE to fill out the participation form and read the terms and conditions. You will also find contact information on that page for the UK branch of Foodie Penpals if you’re a blogger across the pond!
You must submit your information by June 4th as pairings will be emailed on June 5th!